Application Guidance for Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship New Student Program in South China Agricultural University (SCAU)
In order to attract more and more outstanding international students to study in Guangdong, boost the development of higher education of foreign students in Guangdong and upgrade the internationalization level of Guangdong, Guangdong Provincial Government established the Outstanding International Student Scholarship in 2013.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, possessing a valid foreign passport, in good health and friendly to China.
2) Applicants applying for a bachelor program must obtain a graduation certificate of a senior high school or higher education and be under the age of 30;
Applicants applying for a master program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
Applicants applying for a doctoral program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
3) Applicants must have a strong incentive to study in Guangdong, be rated excellent in their previous study and make a detailed study plan of the proposed major in accordance with his/her interest and academic background.
4) Applicants must be admitted by SCAU as a self-funded student paying all the fees such as application fee, tuition, insurance fee and dormitory fee and neither awarded any other official Chinese scholarship such as Chinese Government Scholarship and Confucius Institute Scholarship nor sponsored by Chinese national government or local governments.
★Applications of students from Pacific Islands or from BAR (the Silk Road Economic Belt and
the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road
) countries are preferred.
3. Academic programs
Applicants applying for a bachelor program may refer to SCAU Bachelor Major Catalog.
Applicants applying for a master program may refer to SCAU Master Major Catalog.
Applicants applying for a doctoral program may refer to SCAU Doctoral Major Catalog.
★All bachelor programs are taught in Chinese. Master and doctoral programs may be taught in English if available.
4. Scholarship Amount
10,000 for a bachelor student
20,000 for a master student
30,000 for a doctoral student
★Scholarship winners will be given priority for the scholarship program next year.
5. Application Deadline and Procedure
: June 10
: Applicants must submit the application documents by themselves or by post to Office of International Students, College of International Education, SCAU within the application time.
6. Application Documents
1) Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship Application Form 2 (signed by the applicant)
2) South China Agricultural University INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION form (signed by the applicant)
3) Original or notarized copy of highest education certificate of diploma (notarized Chinese or English translation copy also needed if the original copy is not in Chinese or English)
4) Original or notarized copy of transcripts of all courses for highest education (notarized Chinese or English translation copy also needed if the original copy is not in Chinese or English)
5) HSK certificate (Level 4 or above) (for Chinese-taught programs only; original copy also needed reviewing if photocopy submitted; admission cancelled if forgery found)
6) Photocopy of valid passport
7) 8 2-inch photos (passport-photo size; two glued to the application forms; digital format also needed)
8) 800-word study plan in Chinese or English on study or work experience, academic achievements, research plan of previous study, etc.
9) 2 recommendation letters (original copies) in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors in highest education (high school graduating applicants applying for a bachelor program should submit 1 letter from the high school principle and 1 letter from a teacher)
10) CD of own works if applying for music studies or CD of own works including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works if applying for fine arts programs
★Additional application documents may be required when necessary.
★Applicants may send additional documents which can prove their capacity along with the above documents, such as awarding certificate, admission notice of other university, etc.
★Application documents will not be returned.
7. Selection and Result Announcement
SCAU will invite experts to review applicants’ application documents, academic performance, research achievements and comments of his/her supervisor and selected qualified applicants. The selected applicants need to register in SCAU as a self-funded student and be reviewed further. The eligibles will be nominated and their documents will be submitted to the Department of Education of Guangdong Province in Mid-September for final approval. Once the result is announced, the winners will be informed and the scholarship will be given out afterwards.
8. Contact Information
Office of International Students, College of International Education, SCAU
Address: Room 301, South Building, International Student Hostel, South China Agricultural University, No. 483, Wushan Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, China
9. Remittance Information
Bank Name: INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA
GUANGDONG PROVINCIAL BRANCH
GUANGZHOU TIANHE SUB-BR
Bank Address: TIANHE EAST ROAD NO.102, GUANGZHOU
SWIFT Code: ICBKCNBJGDG
Account Name: SOUTH CHINA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Account No.: 3602002609000310520
Scholarship Application Form
Degree Application Form English
Grado Formulario de Inscripción Español